Video #1: How Do
I Get Started?
- "Where do I begin?"
- What is a "niche" and why do you need to choose one as soon as you decide to become a planner
- Why all event planning is NOT the same; determine what event planning means to you
- The truth about "party" planning and wedding planning, and why event planning is different
Video #2: Top Three Mistakes
- The Top Three Mistakes 99% of beginners make that will kill your chances before you even begin
- The simple and obvious reason you're not getting any return calls on your resume
- The three steps you MUST take if you want to succeed in event planning
- Traits and skill sets that will help you succeed as a planner
Video #3: Certification & Experience
- The mind-blowing yet pervasive lie about "certification" and how to sift through the conflicting information about certification
- Do you need to go back to school for an event planning degree? If you're still in school or just starting school, which degree or courses should you take?
- How to get past that "catch-22" of needing experience before you can get experience
Video #4: How to Find Work
- The six main ways in which planners are hired to plan events
- Understanding why you don't always have to be "The Planner" to work in the exciting world of event planning
- Why starting your own business (as a beginner) is a bad idea
- Specific resources, tips and suggestions on how to find work in event